Selling and Consignment
For those looking to sell your fashion items in Hong Kong or London*, My Fashion Birdcage provides consignment services
to resell your designer clothes and accessories on a 30/70 (you get the
larger portion of course!), 12 weeks sale-or-return basis.
We aim to sell your items as quickly as possible while bringing the best value within the pre-owned market. At this time, we will offer our consignment services for items located in Hong Kong and London that are expected to sell for at least £100.
*London consignment services currently restricted to Canary Wharf area only.
Why should you consign with us?
- Low consignment fee - We charge a low 30% commission which compares more favourably against the typical 50% which you may find in many consignment stores. Additional transaction costs which may include credit card fees, PayPal fees and Ebay fees (if applicable) will be deducted from the overall proceeds.
- Multiple selling channels - Benefit from various selling channels including this website and a well-established eBay selling account with 100% positive feedback.
- Consigned items are authentic - From our vast experience in selling brand name designer items, we are able to guarantee that every item we sell is authentic. We authentic every item before it is added to our online boutique so buyers can feel confident that every item listed for sale on our website is 100% genuine. Every major fashion label has its own identifying mark. When it comes to quality and workmanship, even the very best copies can't replicate the real thing. If we have even the slightest doubt about the authenticity of an item, we ask the consignor to provide an original receipt. We then go the extra step of verifying the information with the store. If the consignor cannot provide an original receipt then the merchandise will be returned.
How to consign with us?
Simply send us an email with a picture of your item and provide us with the following details:
- Brand name
- Year of purchase
- Receipt available (Y/N)
- Original dustbag available (Y/N)
- Condition (e.g. any stains or scratches)
- Reserve price (if any)
Within 2 business days, one of our specialists will contact you with a customised quote for (a) selling your item directly to us or for (b) listing them on consignment. After you have accepted our offer (indicating whether you would like to consign or sell directly to us) we will then arrange a meeting to pick up the item from you and promptly verify its condition and authenticity. If you choose to sell directly to us, we will pay you in cashat the same time. In the case of consignment, once items are sold we will notify you and transfer the money into your account once our standard returns period has passed.